Guests are welcome! Any visitor entering the school grounds must register in the Office, identify themselves and the nature of their business, and receive a Visitor’s Pass.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to visit school sites and classrooms to observe and support the work of the schools. This is one of the essential vehicles for a school-parent partnership. Each school has various ways to engage with parents and make them comfortable in the school including Saturday Schools, School Site Councils (previously Advisory School councils), volunteer opportunities and site specific events.
All visitors to a school site must report to the office when entering and receive authorization to visit elsewhere in the school site. A principal or designee may direct a visitor to leave the school and not return for a designated time if it is determined that the visitor has interfered with the good order or peaceful
conduct of the school. Additionally, no electronic listening or recording devices may be used in the classroom without the prior consent of the teacher and principal of the school.
Unauthorized persons will not be permitted in school buildings or on school grounds. School principals or designees are authorized to take appropriate action to prevent such persons from entering buildings and from loitering on grounds. Such persons will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, including but
not limited to, Education Code section 32211.
All campus visitors must have the consent and approval of the principal/designee. Permission to visit must be given at the time requested if at all possible or within a reasonable period of time following the request. Children who are not enrolled at the school are not to be on the campus unless prior approval of the principal has been obtained.
Visitors may not interfere with, disrupt or cause substantial disorder in any classroom or school activity, including, but not limited to, lunch, recess or after-school.
Visitors are expected to:
• Follow the established school policy in requesting a classroom visitation
• Complete a visitor’s permit upon arrival at the site
• Enter and leave the classroom as quietly as possible
• Not converse with the students, teacher and/or instructional aides during the visitation
• Not interfere with any school activity
• Keep the length and frequency of classroom visits reasonable
• Follow the school’s established procedures for meeting with the teacher and/or principal after the
visit, if needed
• Learn and follow the school-wide behavioral expectations
• Return the visitor’s permit to the point of origin before leaving the campus.
Any individual who disrupts a school site or fails to follow school rules and/or procedures is subject to removal from the school site and may be further restricted from visiting the school.